Saturday, October 10, 2009

A cool experience

I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my last blog entry. After making my descent from Caesar's head - on my way back home I had one of the coolest experiences ever while riding my bike.

I'm not positive which road it was on, but I think it was on a section of Hunt's Bridge Road, just after crossing over Earls Bridge Road (coming from Owings Road). There was a nicer house on the left side of the road, with a large fenced in pasture.

Out in this pasture was a beautiful black horse. Don't ask me any other details except (S)he was really a beautiful horse. (S)he was obviously feeling frisky as (s)he frolicked in the pasture. I'm not sure if (s)he heard me or what, but as I passed by, (s)he galloped toward the road and started running parallel to the fence - which ran parallel to the road. (S)he was as close to me as (s)he could get and keeping pace with me. I sped up a little, (s)he matched my pace. I called out to the horse and made what I perceive as noises a person might make to a horse. Can you tell I'm not a horse person?

(S)he matched my pace for as long as the pasture would allow - probably only about 1/8th of a mile or so, just a few seconds really. As I left the horse behind, I called out "Thanks, that was really cool".

1 comment:

  1. Scott and I had this happen once on the YMCA country loop. It was more than COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I'm interested to hear your comments or experiences.
NOTE: I have switched on the comment moderation because I have been getting a number of spam comments lately. Be patient, I'll post it up as soon as I can! Thx JD