Sunday, October 4, 2009

2 weeks and counting!

Here it is, Sunday, October 4th and we are two weeks away from our departure date. In fact, as I am sitting here, the clock had just struck 3pm. That is our official departure time on the 18th - at 3pm we will leave from the Greenville Hospital System's Cancer Center. The address to the Cancer Center at Greenville Memorial Hospital is 900 West Faris Rd, Greenville, SC 29605.

I ask that everyone - especially those who have donated to Palmetto Peloton Project's Challenge to Conquer cancer - come out and cheer us on as we make our departure. It is going to be a very high energy event. All of our support vehicles will be there, all of the riders will be fully outfitted in their C3 kit. We expect some television coverage as well. There will be parking designated for those who want to cheer us on. Come a little early and find me and my team and wish us well on our adventure.

At 3pm, the entire squad of 27(ish) riders and 8 or so support vehicles will take off for the first leg of our journey. My team has the first shift and we will ride for 3 hours (3pm-6pm). All of the other teams will pull off after about 3 or 4 miles, pack up their bikes and themselves and do whatever they need to do before their own 3 hour shift begins. The Polka-dot team (my team) will pick up the first 6 hour shift starting at 6am on monday morning the 19th. All shifts from then on will be 6 hour riding shifts with 24 hours before the team resumes with another 6 hour shift.

I'm really getting excited about the trip now. I'm still a little behind on my fundraising, but I am getting closer. To date I am just under $4000! I have 60 people who deserve a very special Thank You. These 60 are the people who have made this possible for me by donating some amount to this great cause.
Your generosity is awesome.

If you are interested in 'watching' our progress and reading about our experiences, there is a special website set up: www.ridetoaustin.com. You can read about the riders and the support people, see where the riding team is currently located and most fun of all, you can read the daily blogs that each team will be writing. I'll do my best to post in both locations, but I encourage you to visit the ride to Austin site to read about all of the experiences.

P.S. There is still time if you would like to make a donation. Please make sure to select my name from the drop down at the top of the page.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I'm interested to hear your comments or experiences.
NOTE: I have switched on the comment moderation because I have been getting a number of spam comments lately. Be patient, I'll post it up as soon as I can! Thx JD